Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Daddy and Me

I walked down the road
Hand in hand with him,
I feel that touch, that special touch!

My life was in darkness, pitch darkness!
He held me tight and pulled me out.
He led me through an Illuminated path,
A path that was lit with his Glory and Grace.
We walked together for quiet sometime,
I had tons and tons of questions in mind.

I asked him why I feel lonely at times,
He replied, that’s for you to realize,
How much I care for you.
I asked him why I miss my friends,
He replied, how much more do I miss you,
when you go after friends.

I asked him why I didn’t have beautiful hair like others?
He said, my dear child,
I wanted you to be special and stand out of the crowd.
I asked him why I get angry at times?
He said, that’s what is called the devil’s attack.

I asked him why he made nature so pretty?
He said, only for you to enjoy.
I asked him, can I become a baby once again?
He said, you are always my baby.

I asked him a final question….God!
What’s your plan for me?
He replied, only and only good plans.

Then we continued the beautiful journey….
The everlasting journey…..
Me and my Daddy all alone!

4 comments:

  1. Smruthi, that's a lovely poem. What I like most about it is the child-like innocence and faith that is so apparent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In one word itz just simply "superb".
    Amazing wordz,Smruthi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. simple and beutiful elegy. a clean snap from the world i miss, most of us miss. congrats.

    ReplyDelete