Friday, September 28, 2007

The Wonder of Music!



Music is something which most of us enjoy. I am a great lover of music…it gets me out of my bad moods. Have you ever realized how music can change your life? Yes it can do wonders indeed.

As a child I used to think you need to study about music to understand it, but I was wrong. I haven’t learnt music but it wins my heart and soul. That’s the kind of magic it does!

Did you know how music really works? Most musicians play by ear. Suppose you play by ear. What use would you have for a book on musical technique full of examples in the form of music notation? Doesn’t make sense. Other ways of explaining music work just as effectively. Or even better.

Fluency in music, like fluency in language, does not require the ability to read or write. So, How Music REALLY Works! has no music notation.

I sometimes play the guitar, though I haven’t really learnt it. I play it for fun….and it sounds melodious! Truly….have you tried it out any time before? Don’t hesitate….go ahead.

Play that music….its hidden in you!

3 comments:

  1. Hey that's so true. Music truly can change your life.

    I play the guitar too, barely. And I can just about read notation.

    There are many sites online with good guitar lessons.

    www.justinguitar.com/ is one of the good ones

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Nisha.....Thanx for that site!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good post dear. Let me ask a thing, which is your favorite NOTE, SCALE ... ?

    Keep writing... :)

    ReplyDelete